Citizen has zero tolerance for abusive behavior. We’ve added new moderation features to make sure that our platform continues to enable a positive, helpful, and safe community for all of our users.
We reserve the right to remove messages or video that violate our guidelines. Our team will promptly remove content that meet any of the following criteria:
- Harassment, discrimination, or hate speech targeting a specific individual or group
- Specific personal information that could identify parties involved in an incident
- Content that incites/facilitates/calls for harm or promotes/publicizes illegal activity
- Obscene, graphic, or overtly sexual content
- Details that jeopardize the safety of first responders
- Spam, advertising of personal/commercial goods or social media handles
If a user has multiple comments removed within a 30-day period, they can be temporarily banned from leaving comments on Citizen. If a user repeatedly violates Citizen's guidelines, they may be permanently banned from leaving comments.
You can help us by reporting messages or users that violate these guidelines. Our moderators will follow up on all reports promptly and take appropriate action.
See How do I report users or chat messages? for more information.