Citizen keeps incident notifications very local to you – typically within a quarter mile of the your phone – in order to keep the crime notifications relevant and manageable. The average Citizen user receives less than two notifications per day. Please note that you cannot currently set a fixed location to receive push notifications; you will only be notified of incidents close to your phone’s current location.
Articles in this section
- Why is there no incident resolution or update?
- Not receiving notifications?
- Can I report an incident in the Citizen app?
- Can I customize notifications for certain locations, incidents or crimes?
- What is Citizen's criteria for reporting incidents?
- How do I refresh my feed? Why am I seeing old incidents in my feed?
- Why did I not receive a notification for an incident?
- How to enable Citizen notifications
- How often will I receive notifications? Will I be notified of every crime occurring in my city?
- Can I filter incidents by neighborhood or borough?